Re: Gator Sighting

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kerry Grissett on September 22, 2003 at 00:31:55:

In Reply to: Gator Sighting posted by Daniel on September 21, 2003 at 22:38:48:

I was driving by there about 3 or 4 days ago and spotted a large gator, but my estimate would be more in the 10 to 12 plus range based on the size of the head. Maybe as much as 15 feet. I did see his entire body while driving by and then again after I turned around and came back, but by that time he had moved out quite a bit farther from the hwy. One other vehicle spotted it when I did and turned around to come back and see it. Another guy pulled up to fish and had a pair of binoculars which we used to view the gator until he went around the point and out of sight.

First time I have ever seen one in that location, but since the flood earlier this year gators have been spotted in many locations that aren't usually known for gators. Many were displaced from the Mooresville, Blackwell swamp and Redstone Arsenal areas during that flood. Of course, it won't stop me from fishing and, yes, wading that area! (grin)

If you were there that day then I probably met you. I was driving the black Nissan Pathfinder.

Good luck and good fishin'

Kerry

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]