Video title set size: 3969MB
811 -- parts: the clonus horror
Relative quality rating: 2 (1 is best)
The disk has over 300MB left after putting parts: the clonus horror on it, so on my copy I added both Summer Blockbuster Reviews in MPEG-4 format encoded by paranoid. They won't play on a DVD player. I almost added a DVD playable low resolution version of SBR2, but my copy has a lot of snow and is in much worse condition than what paranoid used. FYI: when I copy these DVD's, I can easily change their contents save for the stuff used by the DVD player (the video title set)
- The opening sequence was taken from another episode to avoid having a DirectTV receiver menu show up. The switch is perfectly on the right frame, but the video becomes darker and the audio changes. I made the seam during the closing door sequence to minimize its impact on your viewing pleasure.
- The audio has some strange stereo effect. This is how it is recorded on my S-VHS tape, so it isn't my fault. As long as you don't listen to it with a headset, you'll get over it pretty quick. It isn't severely bad, just noticeable and especially strange when using a headset or a mono speaker getting its sound from both channels.
- There is more noise in the audio than I would like, but MST3K does't get really fancy with sound so I let it pass.
- The flashy spanish educational scene on the SOL has a rather high bit rate that goes beyond the DVD spec. It plays fine in my regular DVD player (JVC XV-S45GD) if I don't bring up any of the player's menus.
- The yellow text on the chapter selection menus has spots of white. This is a strange artifact of the MPEG compression used on the menus (they are MPEG-2 I frames). I blame my authoring software (it did the encoding) and will try to avoid using yellow text in the future.
- Chapter marks are imperfect because of technical problems. When I get a program that can properly concatenate elementary MPEG-2 video streams, this problem will go away on future disks.